Prevent Inline Skating Injuries
Inline skating is a recreational sport just like cycling and running. However, skating is associated with risk of injuries and may range from fractures and dislocations to serious head injuries. Inline skating injuries can be prevented by following the rules of the sport. Some of the safety tips include:
- Wearing appropriate safety gear such as elbow and knee pads, helmet and wrist protectors.
- Proper warm-up exercises before and after skating.
- Master the basic skills first such as balance and speed control as well as learning how to stop.
- Avoid skating on uneven surfaces, hilly areas and crowded places.
- Follow traffic rules while skating. Stay to the right side of the road.
- Keep certain things in mind while buying your skate boots. Comfortable boots which do not put any pressure on the foot are recommended. Make it a point to buy your skates towards the end of the day when the foot is normally at its largest. Wear your skating socks to help you get the correct size.