Prevent Scooter-Related Injuries
Scooters are a common mode of transport and injuries related to scooter accidents occur quite frequently. However, most of these injuries can be prevented by following certain safety tips.:
- Always wear a helmet while riding a scooter, irrespective of your age and experience level. It can protect you from serious head injury.
- Before attempting to ride, understand the basics such as steering and braking.
- Never allow children under 8 years of age to ride.
- Wear appropriate shoes and safety gear such as elbow and knee pads as well as wrist protectors.
- As far as possible avoid riding at night, in crowded places and on steep hills and uneven or slippery surfaces.
- Avoid performing stunts and tricks.